Park Rules and Regulations
The City of Lake Forest is committed to ensuring the enjoyment, safety, and proper use of the Lake Forest Sports Park and Recreation Center programs. The Lake Forest Sports Park and Recreation Center Discipline Guidelines Administrative Policy governs the discipline guidelines for patrons who fail to comply with the regulations set forth at the Sports Park and Recreation Center for the Open Gym program, Adult Sports Leagues, and Youth/Teen recreation programs.
To preserve the quality of all Lake Forest parks, and provide a clean and healthy environment, please consider the following rules:
- No bounce houses are allowed at any Lake Forest parks.
- Tents and Barbeques are prohibited in all Lake Forest parks.
- No alcohol of any type is allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in any of the park picnic shelters.
- No vehicles are allowed on the park grounds at any time.
- The use of amplified music is prohibited.
- No staples may be placed in the wood picnic shelter structure. Masking or Painters Tape is acceptable. All tape and decorations must be removed at the conclusion of the event. A damage fee may be assessed if the shelter is not cleaned appropriately.
- Dogs must be on a leash no longer than six feet in length. Be sure to clean up after your dog! “Doggie bags” are provided for your convenience.
- Dispose of all trash in the provided receptacles. If you have trash that will not fit in the City-provided containers, you must bag it and take the trash with you.
- Dunk tanks, train rides, and children’s petting zoos are prohibited.
- Fire is allowed in designated barbeque areas only. If you are using a provided barbeque, please remove the hot coals with your own shovel and place hot coals in the “hot coals” bins.
- No advertising is allowed in City Parks.
- A reservation is limited to 50 total participants. If you anticipate more than 50 people at your party, you must apply for a special event permit.
- Issued permits entitle you to reserve the shelter area only and not the entire park.
- Residents may reserve a park shelter for up to three months ahead of the requested event date. Non-residents may reserve a park shelter no more than one month ahead of the requested date.
- Park shelter reservations may not be made less than two days prior to your party.