Lake Forest Lights: Holiday Lighting Contest
Do you or a neighbor like to decorate for the holidays? Show us for a chance to be on a part of the second annual Lake Forest Lights tour! Starting November 12 simply:
1. Snap a photo of your home or your neighbor’s home
2. Visit the City’s Facebook page online @lakeforestca
3. Look for the tab that says Lake Forest Lights in left hand corner of the page.
4. Upload your photo and tag it #LakeForestLights
Then let your friends and family know to vote on your photo. All submissions will be considered for inclusion in a Lake Forest Lights tour, where residents can visit, see, and share in the holiday cheer! The photo with the most votes will be featured on the City’s Instagram and in the next edition of The Leaflet!
Entries must be submitted on the City's Facebook page online at https://www.facebook.com/lakeforestca/app/480094895352546/ for computers or http://tab.fo/cs10mvt for mobile phones. Upload your photo, title it and tag it #LakeForestLights by Sunday, December 9.
Rules and Guidelines
- Maximum of two submissions per home.
- Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Lake Forest.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
- Employees of Lake Forest are not eligible to participate.
- Entries must be submitted no later than 6 p.m. on Sunday, December 9
- Participants must include an address with their submission. Submissions will be published for residents to visit locations and see decorations outside of photos.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Viewing will be done from outside the residence only.
- Judging will take place via community vote on images submitted via Facebook and Instagram. Only those decorations depicted in the image will be judged.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on the City Website, social media, and/or published in the City’s newsletter. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Residents of winning homes will be recognized at the December 18 regular meeting of the City Council.
- Be creative, be festive, have fun!
Participants must submit at least one photo per home. No more than two photos per home are allowed. The City reserves the right to remove inappropriate, duplicate, or any photos that violate the terms and conditions of the contest. Inappropriate photos account for immediate disqualification.Participants are encouraged to promote their entry to improve their chances to win. Winners will be selected based on the number of votes each photo receives. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. All photos uploaded will become the property of the City of Lake Forest.
Right of Use
The City has the right to unlimited use of entrant names and photos for, but not limited to, programs, publicity, promotions, newsletters, and on the City’s website and City Facebook page without compensation to entrant. All photos submitted become the property of the City of Lake Forest and will not be returned.